Monday, September 8, 2014

Letter #36 thank you, gracias, mahalo, y kapkhunkha..

WHAT. IS. UP. FAM. DAMILIA!?! :)
some normal argentina we met in the streets..
 couldn´t resist a foto con ella!! ha ha.
 wow. so here i am in congresso, argentina. aka: mass capital. more big city life - concrete jungle. didn´t know it was possible.. but oh. it was possible. ha ha. i´m like only 15 minutes away from the obelisco!!! rad huh!? i´m determined to visit one of these p-days!!! :) but yeah. definitely missing hermana escalante and my peeps in floresta... but i know this is where the lord needs me right now. and i´m excited for this adventure here in congresso with my native argentina comp that speaks no english for reals this time!!! ha ha ha. whoop whoop!! think i´m finally gonna learn this language!!! cuz my last comp was a cop out... she spoke english like a native north american!! ha ha. love her so much!!!
so yes. this week i had a huge ¨eye-opening¨ experience during my personal study as i was reading the bible in mark... and i was reading about when jesus was teaching the people and fe
d the 5,000 from only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes and it describes how they all were filled. wow. one of the many miracles our savior performed, but the part that really called my attention was in verse 46...
 46 And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.


wow. even the savior himself humbled himself after one of his many miracles to go up and thank his father in heaven... then later in verse 56 it explains how the apolostles didn´t recongize him walking on the waters because...
 52 For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened.

wow. i dunno why this totally plucked at my heart strings... but it made me stop and think... am i thanking my heavenly father for all the miracles that happen in my life!? is my heart softened enough to consider all my blessings in my life!?
gorgeous full moon in beautiful floresta... 
ahhh!!! i love argentina!!! :)
VAMOS ARGENTINA!!! 
yes. this is me and my comp rooting 
on our messi from our pench... TORTURE!!! 
(messi is still da bomb.com.) 
p.s. yes. i definitely bought this messi flag... 
don´t judge me. its rad. ha ha ha.
wow. i dunno. this life is so easy to get caught up in the flow of things, and its so easy to forget all of our many blessings and miracles in our lives... even as a missionary!! let me tell you my dear family and friends... i am SO incredibly grateful for all the many abundous blessings in my life!! i´m so
very grateful for the wonderful support system i have rooting me on day in and dy out!!! i´m so very grateful for the strength this gospel brings into our lives and for the clarity and peace this knowledge can bring!!! :)
another small miracle i would like to announce... THIS MISSIONARY ROLLED HER TONGUE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 22 YEARS!!!! yes. its true my family. somehow. someway. i did it. it has taken ALOT of weird gurgling practice... but i can officially roll my tongue!!! and seriously... i can´t stop thanking my father in heaven. seriously the first time i actually felt the vibration. i started to cry. this seriously is such a miracle!!! now... i just need to practice more and more and apply it to my langauge... thats the next hurdle. BUT.. most importantly i know its possible!!! and oh baby!!! i´m so incredibly happy!!! :)
anywho... i want to invite all of everyone who reads this awesome email to take a step back and consider ALL your blessings. cuz really. you have SO many. and then next thank your heavenly father. it doesn´t matter how, or in what language: english, spanish, pigeon, or thai... but thank him!!! soften your heart and show our father in heaven your gratitude!!! thats all he asks!!!! :)
anywho. thats my updates for the week... and sadly i have no pictures this week cuz this ghetto ciber won´t read my memory card for some reason!!! lame...
anywho.. but i love and miss you all terribly!!! never ever forget that my beauties!!! :)
xoxoxoxo.
love always and forever,

hermana jordan ashley forte

No comments:

Post a Comment