Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Letter #14 this is MY mission

first of all....
FELIZ DIA SAN VALENTIN!!!
... a couple days late. ha ha.


this week has really been awesome!!! as i have really come to know and feel with my whole being that this is where i´m suppose to be right now, at this time. no doubt in my mind at all.... THIS IS MY MISSION!!!
i think that is a reoccuring theme throughout my week, i mean, as much as i fell in love with denver, its just a different feel here, a different love. i was called to serve here by the prophet of this church who speaks for a mouth piece of god. aka. god called me to this wonderful country to preach his word and gospel!!! :)
okay... enough preaching... how i came to this conclusion... ha!! not only is it the style and clothes of every girl that walks past (seriously, i always catch myself saying... i want her outfit after my mission. ha ha.), or the music that is always blasting from cars (linkin park or rhianna are always my favorites to hear), or the grafitti that covers all the plain brick walls (which i LOVE!!! my comp thinks its ugly. but i seriously LOVE IT!!!!)... but okay. let me tell you of two OSUM experiences i had this week... but first... let me remind you... I CANT SPEAK SPANISH!!!! seriously... my understanding and ability to actually reply back is probably equivalent to a small child. like a 3 or 4 year old... IF THAT!!! okay.... so with that in mind....
remember when i got to go to the temple??
 LOVE IT!!! only get to go one more time on my mission though...
 bah!! I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!!
let me tell you about carlito... so we were walkling down the street (like i said, ALWAYS walking...) and this older man with only three teeth, grey haired, brilliantly blue eyes, wearing a chefs hat and rain boots comes up to me and comes underneath my umbrella speaking workd that i have NO IDEA what he is saying due to his lack of teeth adding more difficulty to my ability to understand. anywho, thank goodness for my comp who jumps in and saves the day.... long story short, hes going on vacation for the next couple of weeks, but... we definietly have an appointment with him when he returns. ha ha. and funny story... when i asked my comp later what he was saying in the beginning she says, ¨uh... flirting.¨ ha ha ha. flirt to convery ehhh?? ha!! jokes!!! (no worries adrian, he was like 80. ha ha.)
the second experience this week was seƱorita forte... yes. i said forte!!! ha!! it was awesome!! were sitting at the bus stop and this lady starts pointing to my badge and saying things i dont understand, but i have a huge smile on my face cuz i´m thinking shes pointing at jesus christ... ha!! jokes on me!!! she was pointing to forte!!! cuz her name was forte!!! crazy huh!?! her grandpa came over from siciliy, italy. anyways.... another long story short... she was visiting her mom and doesn´t live around here unfortunately... but... i definitely gave her a mormon.org card. and we established that were probs family. ha!! were definitely gonna visit her mom though!!! woohoo!!!
anyways... the moral of both of these stories is.... that they are two new investigators (well... kinda. one investigator. one reference.) that all started because of ME!!! and i don´t mean that to toot my own hard by any means.... cuz duh!!! the story would obviously be ten times better if i spoke this dang language!!! but... due to the fact that i dont... is all the more testimony to me that i´m suppose to be here. like i said before... this is MY mission. all i was doing was standing or walking and both these people came up to ME!!!! ahhh!!! i dunno... definitely a testimony to me that this is the lord´s work. and i am simply just an instrument in his hands... and becuase of that... i am learning this langugae on HIS time. :)

STOP!!! catches me off guard everytime. ha ha
anyways... milagros got confirmed yesterday which was OSUM!!!
oh yeah... and i also had to give my first talk in sacrament meeting yesterday too... blah. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!! thats all im saying. ha ha. i was definitely that girl that drives me nuts as she reads her talk from the paper... ugh. no bueno!!!! killled me. i was so nervous and shaking so bad!!! it was horrible!!! ha ha. BUT... i really do feel that i was inspired while writing it. (thank goodness for books in both spanish and english!!! ha ha.) and i testified at the end from the heart!! so that was good!! i definitely felt the spirit... and got choked up. like always. ha ha. (thanks mom for the baby in me!! always crying!! ha ha.) and basically the whole ward came up to me after and told me a did a good job. so thats good!! :) ha ha.
oh yeah!! and the last update before i end this novel... we started english class this week!!! woohoo!!! it was awesome!!! seriously, i´m stoked!!! were gonna start holding it every week, and seriously, i can feel it... its gonna be a success!!! :) not only does it test my spanish as i translate for these people, but it is stengthening my relationship with the members as well!! it also creates a perfect opportunity for investigators to get involved and acquanited with the members!!! :) woohoo!!! sooo stoked!!!!
i seriously love my life. and my mission. and all the support i get every single week from my family and friends!!! i love you all!!! thanks for being the greatest ever!!! :)
xoxoxoxo.
love always and forever,
hermana forte

No comments:

Post a Comment