Monday, February 3, 2014

Letter #13 argentine missionaries talk as they walk, and walk, and walk, and walk...

HOLA MI FAMILIA!!!
hopefully you began to sing the primary song as you read the heading above... ha ha. cuz... thats my life. we walk, and walk, and walk, and walk... all over this city of provencia!! dang!! is it so incredibly beautiful though!! sometimes i have to stop myself and remind myself i´m not in italia!!! seriously... its gorgeous!! this is a hispanic italia!!! no doubt about that!!! even in how everyone talks... sounds like italian!!! thats been a struggle for me though... can´t understand anyone. blah. la lucha es real. ha ha.
any who... i have survived my first week in MY mission... woohoo!! i am learning so much every single day about myself, my strengths and my weaknesses, this amazing gospel, this amazing country, etc, etc!! at the end of the day i´m exhausted!! like real talk - fall on my bed and instantly pass out exhausted!!! ha ha. but its so amazing!! 
me and my comp having personal study... ha ha.
this area is definitely a whole new world compared to colorado though... a WHOLE new world. new rules, new language, new cultural norms, new environment. its definitely been a whirlwind!! especially the no car situation - so we basically walk all day errrrday. in fact, so much walking, my feet are blistered and swollen. ha ha. i feel like such a baby!!! oh man... i can do this though!!! i finally bought sunscreen because my chest got heat rash... oops!! ha ha. i also had to buy bug spray becuase my legs are covered in mosquito bites!! ha ha. oh yeah.... and our apartment has a many friends and daily visitors... snails slash slug type creatures, cockroaches and a adore-able crumb- eating mouse. PSYCH!!! ewe. we keep trying to catch the little bugger... no luck though!! ha ha.
the language is a daily struggle too... my companion hermana cipriano from mexico speaks less english then i speak spanish. so... our daily communication is spanglish baby talk... however. it is getting better and better each day!! i have no doubt that i am on the lord´s errand because i understand more and more every hour of each day!!! :) the locals however... no such luck!! ha!! its so hard because they speak like a italian sing-songy spanish. but the members are so sweet and patient with me. its been so awesome!! one family the simone family are SO amazing!!! they are from brazil and are HILARIOUS to say the least... they make me feel so loved and welcomed and they try to speak whatever english they can muster... ha ha. he also would constantly volunteer me to read in gospel principles on sunday... no me gusta. ha ha.
but yeah. all is well in argentina!!! thank you for all your prayers, love and support.... it definitely helps get me through the hard times!!!
i love you! i love you! i love you!! like so much!!!
never forget how much i love and miss you!!!
xoxoxox.
love,
hermana forte


No comments:

Post a Comment