Monday, February 3, 2014

Letter #12 that one time i had 24 hours to leave the country... ha!!

so... guess who got her visa after one transfer!? THIS MISSIONARY!!! :)
ahhhh!!!! i'm seriously freaking out and feeling every emotion possible... scared, nervous, excited, sad, shocked, overwhelmed... etc, etc!! bah!!! i just can't believe this is real life!!!
so... long long long stressful story short: i got the call saturday night that my visa came in and that i had to be at the mission home sunday night. ha ha. so... i literally had 24 hours to leave the country!! bah!! seriously its been SO stressful!! i was planning on being here in denver for at least 6 months!! so this came as quite the surpirse... i think my jaw hit the floor when the assistants to the presdients called!! ha ha. but yeah. the aggrivating thing is... they have had my visa for 2 weeks!!! bah!!! those crazy ap's!!! but yeah. its been quite the whirlwind thats for sure!!!

AFTER THE LONGEST FLIGHT OF MY LIFE...

like no joke. THE LONGEST!!! especially cuz i couldn´t watch a movie!! i wanted to SO bad too!! but i knew i would feel guilty the whole time and wouldn´t even be able to enjoy it ya know!? but yeah... don´t worry. a crying baby was next to me the entire flight... so... lets just say i´m one tired missionary. ha ha. but... i made it!!! and thats all that matters!! ah!! like i´m for reals... i´m here in argentina!!! ah!!!! can you believe it!? cuz i sure can´t!! ha ha. its SO hot here too!! i´m dying!! especially cuz all my clothes are basically winter... ha!! thats a joke!! but yeah. wow. LOVE my mission president and his wife though!! i told them doug peterson (my bishop at home) said hi and they were trippin out!! it was funny!! i guess they use to work together!! :) anywho... such amazing people though!! already love them so much!! :)
but yeah... so i´m here in a cafe with my new companion!! her name is hermana cipriano and she´s from mexico... and just like i thought... she speaks no english. so president said i need to teach her english and she needs to teach me spanish... goodness gracious this shall be an interesting first transfer!! ha ha.

so... yeah. not to freak you out mom... but... crime is kinda a big deal here... ha ha. but no worries. the sisters aren´t allowed in the ´REAL GHETTO´areas... ha ha. but still i have to be cautious. so... basically they gave me a new bag to carry around and they told me i´m not allowed to have more than 30 pesos on me... basically nothing of value on me... ever. including my camera!! which stinks. but its cool. special occassion p days i´ll just have to over kill!! which won´t be hard to do for me... lezzzbehonest. ha ha ha.

but yes. wow. i seriously love it so far though!! the language is a struggle... obviously. but i just know it will come. i have faith!! especially cuz i have no choice!! i´m on the lord´s errand!! he needs me to be a fluent speaker!! he needs me to change lives here!! ahh!!! i´m just so excited!! its crazy with as much as i LOVED dencer and was SO sad to leave... here is just a different feel. like i KNOW this is where i have been called. its crazy!!! but it makes me so happy!! its only my first day... but still!! defitnitely off to a good start!!! :) :) :)
anywho... love you all SO much!!! sorry i wasn´t able to call back in atlanta either family... my flight leaving denver got delayed... so... lets just say i was running through the atlanta airport for my flight... SO stressful. but estay bien!! all is well!! i was just bummed i couldn´t hear your amazing voices one more  time... blah. at least domi finally answered so that i could!! even if it was for a short time!! :)

but... si!!! i love and miss you SO much!! and feel so grateful to have such an amazing support system rooting me on from home!!! :) i am seriously so so SO incredibly blessed and i thank my heavenly father every. single. day!!! :)

thank you!! thank you!! thank you!! for being more than amazing!!! :)
i love you. i love you. i love you.
like SOOO much!!! never ever forget that!!! :)
keep smiling my lovelies!!!
&& my hawaiian familia: don´t have too much fun in paradise you lucky bums!!! ha ha.
xoxoxoxo.
love YOUR argentine missionary,

hermana forte

No comments:

Post a Comment