Monday, December 30, 2013

Letter #7 My Inspired Reassignment

HOLA Y FELIZ NAVIDAD MI FAMILIA!!
ahhh. this week had been one to remember... i. love. denver. but more importantly, i love the people in denver! especially the people we teach! its so amazing. ah!! i love this work!! anyways... okay. no more freaking out. real words: okay. the lord has seriously blessed me SO much this week. everyday there is a tender mercy present and it never ceases to blow my mind!!
first of all, i love my companion. her name is hermana florez. and she's from dc. her mom is from el salvador and her dad is from ecuador, so speaks fluently and has been in a spanish ward her whole life!! its so perfect! becuase she speaks perfect english and perfect spanish, so... she teaches me new things everyday in spanish, but at the same time we've been able to bond and connect and have so many fun times and laughs in english! its the perfect combo! ah! i love her so much already!! she was definitely an inspired placement in my life!! :)
anyways... as for my speaking of spanish. woowee. my spanish is still struggle-ing. like real talk. LA LUCHA ES REAL!! but i can sense myself learning more and more everyday! but... i will admit. the few youth that we have taught in english, have definietly been the best lessons we've taught thus far! becuase i was able to actually contribute and teach!! ah!! man oh man. they were so good! and the spirit was so strong! goodness gracious. i've already fallen in love with all the people here! my favorite thing in the world: testifying and being able to SEE them feeling the spirit and how my words are touching their hearts!! ah!! i love missionary work! even in my simple spanish, when i testify, the spirit is so strong. and its the best feeling in the whole entire world!! :)
anywho... denver. yes. its awesome!! sometimes i forget i'm in denver though, cuz it feels like a mini mexico. ha ha. who knew there were so many hispanics in denver! its crazy! we average teaching 6-8 lessons a day! there is so much work to be done! ah! this week was amazing though... the mission goal was find 5 new investigators each week... are you ready? this week. we found 8!! ah!! isn't that incredible!! it was seriously such a wonderful week! i love feeling the spirit every single day! i love finding his sheep and teaching them the gospel that "has a familar ring to their ears!"
this week was the ward christmas party, and that was definitely an experience all on its own. first of all, i realized how much spanish i didn't know! ha ha. so embarrassing. but second of all, i realized how loving and amazing the hispanic culture is! i mean, i never thought i could ever love any culture as much as i love the polynesian culture... but... i think i definietly found a close second! ha!! ;) actually... the other day in my journal i wrote how similar the two cultures actually are! its so awesome! ahh!! i just love my life and the amazing opportunities i've had the chance to experience in these short 22 years!! :)
anyways... this email is turning into straight up bable... anyways. all is well over here in denver. there is no doubt in my mind that this is where i'm suppose to be right now in my life! this was definitely an inspired reassignment! there's been too many moments ALREADY where i have felt inspired to say something that was spot on exactly what they needed to hear! then later my companion told me she never would have thought to say that... she's so good at complimenting me and making me feel so great! i love her. she is so wonderful! :)
speaking of wonderful... i can't wait to skype you, my wonderful familia... in a couple days i get to see your beautifully bright faces!! ah!! SO. MUCH. HAPPINESS!!
i can't wait. i love you all so so so so so much!! never forget that okay!?
i love this gospel so much. i love the happiness it brings me in my life. i love our loving heavenly father and his continuous watching out for his children. i'm so grateful that he loves us so much that he sent his son, jesus christ, to die for us! ah! really does boggle my mind... i love this christmas season. for he truely is the reason for the season! and i feel so honored to have the opportunity to share his message with his name over my heart this holiday season!
i love you!! keep smiling!! and remember you have a missionary that love and misses you dearly in the state right next door!! :)
xoxoxo.
love always,
your missionary,

hermana forte

so my denver adress for the next 6 weeks:

8357 W. Floyd Ave, #1-103
Lakewood, CO, 80227

love and miss you all!! like SO much!! ah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment