Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter #4 FELIZ DIA DE ACCIÓN DE GRACIAS!!

translation: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
wow.. this week has definitely been one for the books!! yesterday was such a marvelous day wasn't it!? i can't think of a happier day then focusing on all my blessings in my life!! goodness gracious!! i dunno how i got to be so lucky to have SO MANY blessings in my life!! but all day i was feeling overwhelmed with gratefulness!! not only do i have the blessed opportunity to serve the Lord right now in my life... but i have the most amazing support system rooting me along the way!! ahh!! i love you all so much!! thanks for making my life SO unbelievably amazing!!! :) :) :)
the bus time up to main campus!! woohoo!! :)
so... this week was seriously like the bestest beyond best week ever!! like no joke. first it began on tuesday when we had the opportunity to hear to from a member of the seventy: Michael John U. Teh. and wow. he had such an amazing testimony and the spirit was so strong!! then after the devitional my zone all got together and met in the chapel and had a mini testimony meeting... and wow!! can i just say the church is SO true!! and these missionaries are the strength that the Lord needs to gather his children in South America!! (Mexico and Argentina is where my zone is headed!!) but yeah. i typically am not one to stand up and bear my testimony... however, last week i didn't and i regretted it ALL week!! blah. anywho. so i promised myself that next time i felt prompted i needed to follow through with my inpiration and listen to the spirit! so... when i was sitting there in my seat with tears and literally shaking the spirit was so strong i couldn't fight it anymore! and  you know what... i decided standing up is the hardest part!! ha ha. anywho... i don't think i have ever felt the spirit so strong in my life while bearing my testimony... my whole body was literally shaking. and of course... i was crying. ha ha. but i know that everything i said was true! and i know that someone in that circle needed to hear what i had to say! :) anyway... after the meeting one of the counselors in the branch presidency (Brother Schulthess) came directly towards me, bee-line, and went on and one about how great of a missionary i will be! and how grateful he is for sisters like me that put their life on hold to make a difference... dang!! talk about humbling!! i was so flattered!! and it definitely was a cherry on top of an amazing day!! i went to bed with no regrets! and so proud of myself for following the spirit and actually standing up!! :)
Temple walks are fun!! ha!!
then yeah... the next highlight of my week we obviously thanksgiving baby!!! woohoo!!! and... i don't mean to brag... but... we definitely got to hear from yet another general authority!! ah!! its was the bestest day ever!! Russel M. Nelson started off our day with his presence and words of wisdom!! and wow!! i was SO pumped to go out and teach the word of God to those waiting to receive the truth!! it was SO awesome!! :)
the best one liner he said: "Having character is much better than being one!!" DAAAANG!!! nailed it!!! ha ha ha. but real talk. love him. and i know that as i lose myself in the work i will be blessed beyond measure!! :)
so then after our wonderful devotional we sang alot of songs, got some food, which surprisingly was pretty good!! for a cafeteria thanksgiving of course!! :) they had marshmallow yams. so i was content!! definitely not on my mom's level of deliciousness... but they were a do-able substitute. 
then we got to go on a walk around the temple grounds... and guess who i found!! ah!! Kynlie Godfrey!! i was so happy!! it was like my little piece of home on my thanksgiving day!! ah!! i love her!! and was so happy i was able to run into her!!! such a cutie!!! :)
me and my comp... love her!!!
ha ha. then we got the chance to participate in a awesome service project!! we put together these lentil casserole packets for starving children around the world!! and it was actually way fun!! we got to wear way fashionable hairnets and gloves... ooo baby!! i looked good!! ha ha. my dream to be a lunch lady was finally fulfilled!! ha!! then... we finished the day by watching a movie called "Ephriam's Rescue" and dang. it was actually way good!! it was about the mormon pioneers and all they had to go through and.... wow. they went through SO much!! i felt bad complaining on the walk home from main campus to west campus... even though it was real talk FREEEEZING!!! ha ha ha. anywho. thats a play by play of my most wonderful mtc thanksgiving experience!! i mean it was definitely no home cooked meal with football and family bonding!! but... i felt the spirit all day long!! and wow. it was definitely a thanksgiving i'll never forget!! :)
can you believe i head to the real land of Argentina in like 2 and a half weeks!?! ah!! i'm freaking out a little bit!! when they say the weeks feel like days and the days feel like weeks, they mean it!! ha ha ha. i'm seriously SO grateful for my time here at the mtc to prepare myself spiritually and spanishly (ha!) to share the light of Christ with the people of Argentina in the most effective way i possible can!! this gospel is the definition of happiness!! and i know that with ever fiber in my being!! i love being a missionary!! and i know without a doubt this is where i'm suppose to be right now in my life!! :)
christmas on main campus!!! love it!!! :)
i love you all!! and i hope you had the most splendid thanksgiving ever!! and ate alot of yummy food for me!! :) i love and miss you all so much every single day!! thanks for all your prayer and support every single day!! i am seriously SO BLESSED!! i dunno how i got to be so lucky with such amazing people in my life!!! i love you. i love you. i love you. oh wait. did i already say i love you!? cuz... i do. like alot. every single one of you!! :)
hope your having the best friday ever!!! keep smiling!!!
xoxoxo.
love your missionary,

hermana forte

No comments:

Post a Comment